Below is Argos SWOT analysis template
1. Solid presence in the UK with more than 800 stores and about 10% market share in general merchandise retail segment
2. Ownership of a range of brand portfolio including Homebase, Elizabeth Duke, Alba, Bush, Chad Valley and others
3. Cost-effective business model pioneered by the company
4. Efficient cost-control measures in place
1. Brand image damaged due to a range of ethical scandals related to working on Sunday, pricing in Ireland and others
2. Overdependence on the UK market
3. An absence of clear target customer segment
4. High employee turnover due to low wages
1. Greater utilization of online sales channel
2. Pursuing international market expansion strategy
3. Development of own-brand products
4. Finding and exploiting new sources of competitive advantage on the basis of technological innovations
1. Engagement in price wars with other retail chains with negative implications on the bottom line
2. Negative implications on Brexit on the national economy
3. Decline of catalogue showroom business model
4. Decline in the quality of service due to the further pursuit of cost leadership
How to use the Argos SWOT Analysis template above
Expand each point above into one or more paragraphs with discussions and analysis. Additional points related to Argos strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats not listed above can also be included if you think they are relevant points and add value to the work.
You will need to support your arguments with references from reliable sources such as annual report of the company, industry journals and magazines and government publications. Your discussions will need to include statistical data and preferably charts and graphs with references to the sources.
You can also find many examples for the application of SWOT analysis using the case studies of famous global brands here.