The table below illustrates Kraft Foods SWOT analysis template
1. Strong brand portfolio comprising popular brands such as Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Velveeta, Oscar Mayer and others.
2. High level of brand awareness in the global marketplace
3. International presence in more than 70 countries
4. Effective sponsorship of popular sports events
5. The presence of sophisticated global distribution network
1. The recall of Original flavor of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner in 2015 due to the risk of small pieces of metal in boxes damaged the brand image
2. Declining profit margin due to intensifying competition
3. Difficulties in sustaining competitive advantage
4. Higher costs of products compared to competition
5. Gaps in capabilities of the company
1. Brand extension into pet food
2. Enhancing focus on health aspects of Kraft Foods products
3. Engagement in efficient CSR programs and initiatives to restore positive image of the brand
4. Entering into strategic cooperation with other companies in catering industry
5. Increasesing the effectiveness of social media marketing
1. Increasing consumer health awareness has negative implications on confectionary segment
2. Decline of profit from international operations due to strengthening USD
3. Emerging competition from developing countries
4. Changes in regulations in the good industry
5. Changes in consumer tastes and preferences
How to use Kraft Foods SWOT Analysis template above
Expand each point above into one or more paragraphs with discussions and analysis. Additional points related to Kraft Foods strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats not listed above can also be included if you think they are relevant points and add value to the work.
You will need to support your arguments with references from reliable sources such as annual report of the company, industry journals and magazines and government publications. Your discussions will need to include statistical data and preferably charts and graphs with references to the sources.
You can also find many examples for the application of SWOT analysis using the case studies of famous global brands here.