The table below illustrates Unilever SWOT analysis template
1. Ownership of more than 400 brands, including globally well-known brands such as Lipton, Dove, Sunsilk, AXE, Lynx and others.
2. Benefiting extensively from the economies of scale due to the extensive scope of operations
3. Highly sophisticated product distribution strategies with about 270 manufacturing sites located strategically around the globe
4. Effective R&D strategy with substantial funding that ensures the pipeline of new products in a regular manner
1. Existence of a wide range of substitutes for the majority of Unilever products
2. Lack of flexibility of the company and difficulties in implementing changes due to its massive size
3. Negative implications of animal testing practices on the brand image
4. Increasing costs of resources for Uniliver is expected to continue
1. International market expansion with the focus on emerging economies
2. Investing in improving health implications of Unilever hygiene and beauty products
3. Engagement in business diversification strategy and establishing presence in services sector
4. Focusing on improving CSR image of the business via introducing relevant programs and initiatives
1. Further increase in the costs of resources
2. Increasing popularity of own brands by supermarket chains
3. Emergence of scandals related to negative health implications for caused by Unilever products
4. Introduction of trade barriers in international markets for Unilever
How to use Unilever SWOT Analysis template above
Expand each point above into one or more paragraphs with discussions and analysis. Additional points related to Unilever strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats not listed above can also be included if you think they are relevant points and add value to the work.
You will need to support your arguments with references from reliable sources such as annual report of the company, industry journals and magazines and government publications. Your discussions will need to include statistical data and preferably charts and graphs with references to the sources.
You can also find many examples for the application of SWOT analysis using the case studies of famous global brands here.