Walt Disney Company
The table below illustrates Walt Disney SWOT analysis template
1. High level of brand awareness and positive brand reputation
2. Focused portfolio of brands
3. Solid financial position with about USD 5 billion reserves as of April 2016
4. Experience in successfully leveraging popular characters Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Cinderella and Frozen into movies, theme park attraction and in some cases, musicals
1. Overdependence on North America home market
2. Declining financial performance of ESPN multimedia entertainment branch
3. High level of seasonality of the business
4. Narrow target audience i.e. children
1. Growth of entertainment industry in developing countries
2. Taking into account cross-cultural differences among global consumers to a greater extent in the development process of entertainment products and services
3. Increasing the scope of target customer segment by developing entertainment products for middle-aged consumers
4. Increasing focus on the development of digital products
1. Growing popularity of online entertainment such us virtual reality games, social media etc.
2. Further damage to revenues due to increasing popularity of illegal streaming of video from the internet
3. Changes in cultures and values may make traditional Disney characters obsolete
4. Operational costs may increase due to increase in the costs of human resources, the main resource for the company
How to use Walt Disney SWOT Analysis template above
Expand each point above into one or more paragraphs with discussions and analysis. Additional points related to Walt Disney strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats not listed above can also be included if you think they are relevant points and add value to the work.
You will need to support your arguments with references from reliable sources such as annual report of the company, industry journals and magazines and government publications. Your discussions will need to include statistical data and preferably charts and graphs with references to the sources.
You can also find many examples for the application of SWOT analysis using the case studies of famous global brands here.