Marriott Supporting Local Communities
- In 2022 alone, employees contributed over 1.6 million volunteer hours across the globe, focusing on environmental and social issues to positively impact their communities.
- The company aims to locally source 50% of produce by year-end 2025
Marriott Educating and Empowering Workers
- In 2022, 78% of all associates* completed career- or skillsrelated training.
- The largest hotel chain in the world has been listed as Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® Great Place to Work® in 2022
Marriott and Gender Equality and Minorities
- A majority of Marriott’s Board are minorities or women
- Listed as one of 50 Best Companies for Latinas to Work for in the U.S., LATINA Style 2022
- The company aims to increase representation of people of colour in U.S. executive positions to 25% by year-end 2025.
- 47% of Marriott’s global executives (vice president level and above) are women
- 22% of Marriott’s U.S. executives (vice president level and above) are people of colour
Energy Consumption by Marriott
- In 2022, numerous Marriott-managed hotels across the globe implemented energy efficiency projects, saving approximately 45,000 MWhs of energy.
- 9% Global Reduction in Energy Consumption per Square Meter of Conditioned Space from 2016 Baseline
- 1% of electricity consumption sourced from renewable energy in 2022
Water Consumption by Marriott
- The company aims to reduce water consumption per occupied room by 15% from a 2016 baseline by year-end 2025
- 3% Global Reduction in Water Consumption per Occupied Room from 2016 Baseline
Waste Reduction and Recycling by Marriott
- The hotel chain aims to reduce waste-to-landfill by 45% and food waste by 50% from a 2016 baseline by year-end 2025
- In Thailand, 27 Marriott hotels donated over 33,000 kg (72,000 lbs.) of food and surplus food to Scholars of Sustenance (SOS) throughout 2022.
Carbon Emissions by Marriott
- As part of Marriott’s Serve 360 Goals, the company aims to reduce carbon emissions per square meter of conditioned space by 30% from a 2016 baseline by year-end 2025.
- In 2022, 24.6% Global Reduction in Carbon Emissions per Square Meter of Conditioned Space from 2016 Baseline
Marriott and Sustainable Sourcing
- The company aims to responsibly source 95% by spend within our top 10 categories by year-end 2025
- 73% of manufacturers and 64% of distributors had completed the EcoVadis assessment
- 50% of total egg spend for global managed and franchised properties was cage-free as of year-end 2022
- 71% of total pork spend for global managed and franchised properties was responsibly sourced as of year-end 2022
Marriott’s other CSR Initiatives and Charitable Donations
- Marriott was also named a top blood drive sponsor of the American Red Cross, holding over 600 blood drives at U.S. hotels in 2021.
Marriott International Inc. Report contains a full analysis of Marriott corporate social responsibility including Marriott CSR issues. The report illustrates the application of the major analytical strategic frameworks in business studies such as SWOT, PESTEL, Porter’s Five Forces, Value Chain analysis, Ansoff Matrix and McKinsey 7S Model on Marriott. Moreover, the report contains analyses of Marriott leadership, business strategy, organizational structure and organizational culture. The report also comprises discussions of Marriott marketing strategy and its ecosystem.